Section 1285.120 Renewals
a) Every license issued under the Act shall expire on July 31, 1990, and every third year thereafter. For the July 31, 1999 renewal, a licensee shall complete 50 hours of CME in accordance with Section 1285.110 of this Part. Thereafter, a licensee will be required to complete 150 hours in accordance with Section 1285.110 of this Part in order to renew the license. The holder of a license may renew such license during the month preceding the expiration date by paying the required fee stated in Section 21(e)(5) of the Act.
b) It is the responsibility of each licensee to notify the Division of any change of address. Failure to receive a renewal form from the Division shall not constitute an excuse for failure to pay the renewal fee and to renew the license in a timely manner.
c) Practicing or operating on a license that has expired shall be considered unlicensed activity and shall be grounds for discipline pursuant to Section 22 of the Act.
d) Any licensee applying for renewal shall be entitled to a hearing in accordance with 68Ill.Adm.Code 1110 prior to refusal of any renewal or any disciplinary action being taken by the Division against the licensee.
(Source: Amended at 29 Ill. Reg. 18823, effective November 4, 2005)
Licensure Renewal Questions:
What is the cost to renew my license?
- License renewal fees are: $700 resident $1,380 non-resident
Does the Illinois Licensing Board forward my renewal information if I have moved?
- No, you must declare a change of address with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations prior to the renewal term.
Do I need to report a name change prior to renewal?
- All name changes must be submitted to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations prior to the renewal term with proof of name change.
Can I renew my license online?
- Yes, go to www.idfpr.com/dpr/RENEWAL
How does the required 150 CE hours breakdown?
- Category 1 (hard): 60 CE Hours minimum
- Category 2 (soft): 90 CE Hours maximum
Where do I obtain proof of my continuing education?
- Each licensee is responsible for maintaining records of completion of continuing education and shall be prepared to produce the records at any time when requested by the Department.